Sam's Body Boutique was started in April 2016. I was 19, with a passion for natural skincare, haircare and home products. If you have read my acne story, the eczema blog or, About us, you will know some of the reasons I had for starting Sam's Body Boutique.
I did a lot of research, experiments, testing on humans and worked on all of the boring bits of starting a cosmetics brand. Not long after this, in April 2016, I felt like I was ready to share my natural skincare products with the world. I started off by selling £1 (very generously sized) sample pots to those around me. One month later, I did my first event -Natural Hair Week 2016.
I have done so many events since then, met so many great people and learnt so much more about everything!
After 4 years, I felt like it was time for something different. A fresh start! I'm sure many of you will agree too.
I know what you're thinking. 'I love your products Sam, why are you changing?'
I am not changing that much, just the name, small improvements to the website and social media. I also have a beautiful new logo that's more fitting.
Here's what is NOT changing:
- skincare product range
- The amazing quality of all products
- the goal of making my packaging even more eco-friendly
Here's what IS changing:
- Sam's Body Boutique will now be VON Botanicals
- All social media pages will now be under the new name, VON Botanicals. If you are already following Sam's Body Boutique you will notice the changes. If you aren't following, click on the social media icons below.
- I promise to send you regular newsletters from now on. So more updates, new product alerts, exclusive discounts, early discount access and more! If you aren't signed up, sign up to the newsletter. You can do this at the bottom of this page.
- New products to come soon!
'We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty' ~ Maya Angelou
I feel like this quote perfectly sums up these points for us:
- Sam's Body Boutique was started in 2016 and feel as though its time to use a name and logo that represents my growth and deluxe natural products (and their ingredients) better.
- Skincare is a journey! Getting 'good skin' and gaining confidence in your own (physical) skin takes time, patience, self-care and of course, great skincare products.
- Transformation can be amazing. But, we need to document and remember all of the changes (good and bad) we make in life to really appreciate where we are today. This is especially important during the current pandemic.
Please head over to VON Botanicals on Instagram or Facebook and let me know what you think of the new name and new look. I will also be answering any further questions that you might have in my Instagram stories, just shoot me a message, respond in the questions sticker in my Instagram stories or, leave a comment. I will answer all questions there.
Thank you for supporting my small business over the past four years, I really appreciate all of your likes, comments, shares, messages, kind words and purchases. I promise to continue to provide you with all of the products you love, new products, more blog posts and social media posts.